Villa Epecuén, around 350 miles southwest of Buenos Aires, was an important tourist spot of Argentina. In November 1985 Villa Epecuén, suffered the flooding of the lake and in just a few days was covered with about 10 meters of water. The people must disarm and abandon their homes urgently.
Today, the ruins of Epecuen resurface , and the trees are still standing.
A group of petrels was feeding voraciously from fishing wastes. Due to the availability of food and the insatiable hunger of these animals, they didn't care about my presence, so I got close enough to take a photo with a wide angle lens. I have witnessed a behaviour in which the dominant petrel was feeding first and the others petrels were waiting their turn behind him. Photography not only reveals the voracity of these petrels but also the impact of the fishing industry that throws its wastes to the sea.
Specie: Southern Giant Petrel (Macronectes giganteus)
Location: Nuevo Gulf, Chubut, Patagonia Argentina.
Cabo San Pablo is an isolated mountain, very characteristic because of its rounded shape that protrudes in a coastal section with a north-south-east general orientation. Its structure is composed of sedimentary rocks of the upper Tertiary.
The Cape penetrates about 1200 meters in the high tide waters, a distance that decreases notably in low tide. To the north it presents a marine entrance called "Bay Quemada" (with a somewhat deeper one called "San Pablo Cove"), which is contained in the north by the "Cape Ladrillero" and the "Champion Rock"; In it flows the "river Ladrillero".
To the south of the Cape San Pablo is another great marine entrance, which leaves exposed its bottom during low tide. In it stands a huge wreck: the «Desdemona».
This was shot during a street performance by a group called "decilo bailando" which means "say it dancing" in the city of Buenos Aires. I saw they were getting ready for the jump and ran and kneeled down to be able to get the best angle.
- Рейтинг фотографов по странам и городам строится на основе 2 лучших фотографий автора и их относительной позиции в каждой отдельной номинации. Рейтинг в номинации "Мобильная фотография" учитывается в меньшей степени для формирования рейтинга. В списке показывается одна фотография автора с лучшим рейтингом.
- В рейтинге по номинациям учитывается одна лучшая работа автора набравшая максимальный бал.
- В списке опубликованы только работы которые прошли 2-й этап голосования.
- The rating of photographers by countries and cities is based on the two best photos of the author and their relative position in each separate nomination. Rating in the nomination "Mobile Photography" is taken into account to a lesser extent for rating formation. The list shows one photo of the author with the best rating.
- The rating for the nominations takes into account one of the best photographs of the author who scored the maximum score.
- Only those photos have been published in the list that passed the second stage of voting.