This picture is taken during the Holy Week in Canose of Puglia (a small town in a region full of history, art, culture, traditions, excellence at south of Italy), before easter. This strret portrait is a small part of the religious ritual of the procession of the “Madonna della Desolata” during the morning of the Holy Saturday. There is a chorus composed by 380 women between 20 and 60 years, not professional singers, but shared by the same faith, strictly black dressed with the face completely hidden by a curtain, composed by vibrant and unique voices wich accompany the statue of the “Madonna della Desolata”, for the death of Christ during the Holy Friday, depicted on the rock of the Sepulcher with the scripture "Sepulcrum domini", through the impeccable guide of Master Mimmo Masotina, who for 50 years has directed with passion and dedication the Choir of the Desolate, leaving his son his same role since last edition, that give rhythm to an evocative hymn composed by penetrating sounds wich give rise to strong emotions, From the poetic text of Jacopone da Todi (1233-1306), repeated more and more time during the path wich crosses the most antique area of the town, the beginning and the end is the Saints Biagio and Francesco Church, a strong need to cry wich quenches only with pain contemplation of the Virgin Desolate. Photographic concept in a strict black and white proposition, structured on a iconic and symbolic power by searching for some details of one of the most followed regional religious event.
- Рейтинг фотографов по странам и городам строится на основе 2 лучших фотографий автора и их относительной позиции в каждой отдельной номинации. Рейтинг в номинации "Мобильная фотография" учитывается в меньшей степени для формирования рейтинга. В списке показывается одна фотография автора с лучшим рейтингом.
- В рейтинге по номинациям учитывается одна лучшая работа автора набравшая максимальный бал.
- В списке опубликованы только работы которые прошли 2-й этап голосования.
- The rating of photographers by countries and cities is based on the two best photos of the author and their relative position in each separate nomination. Rating in the nomination "Mobile Photography" is taken into account to a lesser extent for rating formation. The list shows one photo of the author with the best rating.
- The rating for the nominations takes into account one of the best photographs of the author who scored the maximum score.
- Only those photos have been published in the list that passed the second stage of voting.